Startup Europe Week is an initiative of Startup Europe / European Commission
Over the last decade, many global initiatives have been created to celebrate entrepreneurship. Typically, such events follow the Silicon Valley format (keynote motivational speeches, networking sessions etc).
Europe is different and requires something more when it comes to celebrating entrepreneurship to meet its peculiarities. Regional diversity and local policy making still play a big role in shaping European startups. From helping entrepreneurs to incorporate a company, to providing grants or taxes breaks, European regions are key players.
That is why we think it is critical to include the regions in this conversation. And that is exactly why we created the Startup Europe Week.
From 1st to 5th February 2016 the SEW will put a spotlight on everything the regions are doing (and can do) to support European entrepreneurs.
Of course, we will keep track of the bigger picture, but we know that only local actions can get you started! So the events, workshops and speeches will be specifically relevant to your local reality.
The SEW agenda is under preparation, but here you will find already some hints of the event goals:
- Showcase best initiatives promoted by regions to support entrepreneurs
- Inform the local ecosystem about what already exists to help them now
- Provide live consulting sessions on how to open a company, apply for a grant etc.
- Share among regional officers what other regions in Europe are doing and what can be leveraged locally
- Connect regional officers, investors and corporates to create stronger local ecosystems
More Info: Startup Europe Week